Growing up, I never ate chicken salad. I hated it actually. Probably because they all contained fillers like celery, grapes, and/or almonds (yuck). A few years ago though, all that changed when I tried it at a party and actually liked it. I couldn't believe it, I had been missing out on something so simple, yet so delicious. I became an instant chicken salad lover, but finding ones that didn't contain all of those fillers was proving to be difficult.
That's when I decided to start testing out different recipes. At one point, I added eggs, but it was too overpowering and turned into more of an egg salad featuring chicken, rather than the other way around. Another time, I'm embarrassed to say, that I use canned chicken. I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew that I wanted to create a chicken salad that I could enjoy. Fast forward to now and I have perfected my recipe for the Best Chicken Salad EVER. It's pretty simple too, all the good stuff, minus those yucky fillers.
- Rotisserie Chicken (I buy mine from Publix, but any ole rotisserie will do)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the skin from your rotisserie & shred all the chicken into a bowl
- Season generously with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper
- Add mayonnaise and mix everything together to create your base
- Cut your avocado into bite size pieces and gently mix in
- Top it off with a good squeeze from your lemon wedge and enjoy!